To be eligible to apply, personnel must be Missouri POST certified in good standing.
Primary shift will be 0800-1700 hours Monday-Friday; however, deputies may be required to work any shift and day assigned. One hour unpaid lunch.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bailiff duties
- Open/close court, judge protection, maintain safety and security of citizens, employees and county buildings, arrests due to a warrant or judges orders, video court operations and movement of inmates from detention to court and back.
- Site security
- Responsible for maintaining security at entrance to both the Circuit Court Building and the Clay County Juvenile Building. This includes operating an x-ray machine and metal detector (walk through and hand held).Maintain a visible law enforcement presence at the circuit courthouse, prosecutor's office, juvenile building and old courthouse (commission building)
- Performs all the duties and functions of a commissioned law enforcement deputy.
- Maintain professional image through stressful situations.
- Extensive contact and ability to work with Court Clerks, Attorneys and Circuit Judges.
- Maintain order and the secure custody of inmates appearing in court.
- Make arrests of persons committed by court to custody.
- Maintain accurate records of case dispositions.
- Handle civil process service situations that arise in the courthouse.
- Maintain proper rapport with the general public.
- Follow Directives given by immediate supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Starting Salary: $19.75 hourly; $41,080 yearly plus uniform allowance and benefits