The Clay County Sheriff’s Office offers ride-alongs with patrol deputies to help the public better understand what we do.
To participate, residents must be at least 18 years old. Please fill out the application.
- The ride-along is an observer only, and should not become involved in or interfere with any situation, either physically or verbally.
- Ride-along may not carry a firearm or weapon of any kind.
- Ride-alongs should be dressed in either business casual attire or neat, clean, casual attire.
- Ride-alongs will not leave the police vehicle unless given permission to do so by the deputy.
- The deputy may terminate the ride if the participant fails to follow regulations.
- The participant may request that the ride be terminated at any time.
Further regulations can be found on the Ride-Along application or within the Ride-Along policy.