Sex Offender Registration and Enforcement


The Sex Offender Registration and Enforcement Unit handles the registration of all sex offenders who not only live in Clay County, but also those who work in Clay County.  This unit enters all sex offender information into the statewide database. It is composed of two clerks, an investigator and a sergeant who not only register sex offenders but also conduct investigations to enforce sex offender laws.

All sex offender registrations are done by appointment by calling 816-407-3740.

Sex Offender Registries

The Clay County Sheriff's Office maintains a list of registered sex offenders residing in Clay County who are required to register under RSMo 589.400. A list of registered sex offenders is being offered on this web site as a public service to residents who may need this information for the protection and well-being of their families. The list is updated several times per day. It contains the names of registered sex offenders who reside in Clay County only. Although every effort is made to keep this list accurate and current, the Sheriff's Office cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Offenders may have moved and failed to notify the Sheriff or local law enforcement agency as required by law. Please contact the Sheriff's Office or local law enforcement for verification of an offender's status. If you have reason to believe that any of the information contained on this site is inaccurate, please contact us at 816-407-3720.

Anyone who uses information contained in the sex offender list to commit a criminal act against another person is subject to criminal prosecution.

Missouri Sex Offender Registry 

Kansas Sex Offender Registry

Sex Offender Tips

Do you know of a sex offender who is failing to comply with their registration requirements? Let us know using this form. 

27 S. Main St.
Liberty, MO 64068


Generally speaking, no, they cannot as Smithville Lake and most State Parks are public parks that have playground equipment somewhere on the property.

Sex Offenders also may not be present on or loiter within 500 feet of any public park with playground equipment.

Not by Worlds of Fun policy, however, there is no law stating that they can’t since it is a privately owned park that is open to the public.

Yes, unless it is a condition of their Probation or Parole stating they cannot.

Only if permission is obtained from the superintendent.

A: Tier 1 – Once a year in the month of their birth

Tier 2 – In the month of their birth and the subsequent 6 month after (i.e. April/ October)

Tier 3 – Every 90 days based off of month of birth (i.e. January/ April/ July/ October).

However, any time there is any change to any information listed in their registration, they are required to come in person and update that information within three business days. The information cannot be updated over the phone.

If staying in the country, just make an appointment with the Sheriff’s Office and report dates of travel and destination.

If going out of country, make an appointment and submit all travel information to include destination address/ dates of travel/ flight information and reason for travel MORE THAN 21 DAYS prior to travel.

If not traveling but staying at a temporary location, an offender must provide that temporary address with the Sheriff’s Office in which they register.

The only restrictions to residency are that they cannot reside within 1,000 feet of any public or private school or any state-licensed child care facility.