The Clay County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications for the position of Front Desk Coordinator. This is a civilian entry level position in our Detention Center. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED. This is a full time position 40 hours a week with the following schedule: Tuesday-Saturday 2pm-10pm. Schedule subject to change.
- Monitors and oversees the security of public lobby area in the Clay County Detention Center; allows or prohibits access and/or departure using electronic access controls
- Meets and greets the public, providing response to questions for standard information and providing explanation of well-defined rules; inspects identification card; schedules public and attorney visits for inmates.
- Answers telephone calls, ascertaining the nature of the call, and directing it to the appropriate area; takes telephone messages.
- Provide booking and bond information to bonding companies and citizens.
- Performs basic record keeping duties, and maintains accurate filling of unit records, reports and documentation.
- Performs various administrative duties in supporting unit functions
- Receives and date stamps incoming court documentations
- Performs some cash handling and receipts funds
- Other duties as assigned and reasonably qualified to perform.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No felony convictions-must pass background check
- Ability to maintain accurate records, make arithmetic computations with speed and accuracy
- Work independently in the absence of supervision, communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Interact with the public tactfully and courteously
- Ability to exert low to moderate physical effort; will involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of weight (less than 20 pounds); remain in a seated position for extended periods of time at keyboard or workstation.
- Working knowledge of modern office terminology, procedures and methods
- Prefer at least one year of increasingly responsible related experience, or any equivalent experience, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience
Starting Salary: $15.02 hourly; $31,241.60 yearly plus uniform allowance and benefits